Membership makes banking better
At Thrivent Credit Union (TCU), you’re never just an account number. You’re a valued member-owner.
We believe our commitment to your values makes a positive difference in the way you bank. By putting you at the center of everything we do, we help bring purpose to the way you save, spend and borrow — through our personalized products, impeccable service and competitive rates.
How does membership work?
When you bank with us, you become a member-owner of TCU. You reap the benefits of our organization’s profits, and you have a vote in its leadership elections. Your returns. Your voice. We’re confident that makes for a better way to bank.
When you join with TCU, we open a share savings account for you and fuel it with its first dollar — that’s all you’re required to keep in that account to maintain your membership.
Get the most out of your membership
Discover some of the benefits of banking with us.
Any Thrivent client with associate or benefit membership (whether an individual, business or organization) is eligible to bank with TCU. Don't have membership yet? Don’t worry. You’ll receive associate Thrivent membership when you apply for an account with us — and we’ll even waive the $19.95 fee.
With membership, you'll be a part of Thrivent, a membership-owned fraternal organization — and a holistic financial services organization dedicated to helping clients achieve financial clarity by focusing on their needs, goals and priorities.
Businesses and organizations
TCU membership is also available to organizations that meet any of the following criteria:
- Comprised of or owned by Thrivent clients with membership.
- Associate Corporate member of the American Consumer Council.
- To learn more about ACC membership, call us at 612-844-8512.
- Affiliated with one of the following church bodies:
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
- Church of the Lutheran Brethren (CLB).
- North American Lutheran Church (NALC).
- American Association of Lutheran Churches (AALC).
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS).
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations (AFLC).
- Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC).