Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
Have you heard about HARP the federal government's Home Affordable Refinance Program? HARP is aimed at giving homeowners whose home values have declined the opportunity to refinance into today's low market rates.
You may qualify if you are up to date on your mortgage payments but owe more than your home is worth.
- Your home was purchased prior to May 31, 2009.
- Your loan is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
Look up your loan here:
- You are current on your mortgage payment, with no late payments in the past six months and no more than one late payment in the past 12 months.
- You have not already refinanced the same property in the past under HARP.
- Your mortgage is for your primary residence, secondary residence or multifamily property with four or fewer units. Both owner-occupied and investment properties may be considered.
Why Thrivent Financial Credit Union?
We'll look at your unique situation and help find the home loan solution that's right for you.
- Competitive Rates – We offer competitive market rates on our HARP loans. We do not charge increased rates on this government sponsored program, as some institutions may.
- Save on Appraisals — Some HARP loans do not require an appraisal, which saves application time and saves you money.
- Convenient Terms — We offer HARP loans in 15, 20, and 30-year fixed-rate terms.
We Can Answer Your Questions About HARP
Not sure if your situation qualifies? Contact us and a Member Service representative will walk you through eligibility for HARP and talk to you about other refinance options that may be available to you.