Why Join Thrivent Federal Credit Union?
Your faith and values are important to you, and as a faith-based credit union we share and support those values. Join an organization that exists to serve its members, and experience what it means to be a member.
- You Are An Owner – Each member must open and maintain a Thrivent Share Savings account containing at least one 'par value share' in the credit union. The par value share, or required minimum, in Thrivent Federal Credit Union is $1. This makes you a part owner of the credit union with an equal vote, regardless of how much money you have with the credit union.
- You Elect the Board – A volunteer board of directors, elected by and from the members, governs the credit union. Your vote gives you the opportunity to have an impact on the direction of the credit union. As part of the democratic process, an annual election is held during which members elect the board of directors.
- You Benefit From Returned Earnings – Because credit unions are not-for-profit, earnings are returned to members in the form of higher savings rates and lower loan rates.
- You Are Protected – The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (Link opens in new window) (NCUSIF) is a federal insurance fund that insures membersí money in federal credit unions up to at least $250,000 per member per insured institution, similar to the FDIC coverage for depositors of banks. Like the FDIC, the NCUSIF is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. All federal credit unions are chartered and supervised by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA), which also administers the NCUSIF.
- You Get Personalized, Focused Service – Our policies and practices match the values of our members by reflecting the importance of faith, family, stewardship and service. Our cooperative structure is designed to ensure integrity and fairness.