Decide if an HSA is right for you
With an HSA, you decide how much to contribute and how to use the funds. If you have an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP), it's time to open a Health Savings Account with Thrivent Federal Credit Union. With an HSA, you can plan and budget for medical expenses, pay current medical bills or deductibles and save money for future use. You own the money, not your employer. Take control of your health care expenses and review benefits below.
HSA features & benefits
When you open an HSA with Thrivent Federal Credit Union, you can:
- Save with tax-free withdrawals1 and tax-deductible contributions.2
- Keep your account throughout job changes or retirement; you own it.
- Roll over contributions from year to year and collect tax-free dividends on earnings.
- Take the time to better understand medical costs and shop around for health care providers.
- Set money aside for qualified medical expenses, even those incurred in retirement.
- Prepare for Medicare and long-term care premiums.
1 A withdrawal fee of $2 will be charged for each check written against your account in excess of three (3) per statement cycle.
2 All tax references are at the federal level. State taxes may vary. The information above is not intended and should not be construed as legal, tax or investment advice. For such advice, including advice on how this information applies to your individual circumstances, please contact your attorney, tax advisor or other appropriate professional.