Apply for a student loan
When you take out a student loan with Thrivent Credit Union, you're creating a plan to pay for your first-choice school. This fixed rate loan provides the security of a locked-in interest rate over the life of your loan.
Apply for a fixed rate loan if you:
- Are planning for one year of expenses at a time.
- Will be able to pay off the loan in a shorter period of time.
- Want a level payment.
- You can borrow up to $80,000.
- Your funds will be distributed to your school each year (Note: most schools split the funding between fall and spring semesters.).
- If you don't make loan payments while in school, you'll have up to 15 years to repay the loan. However, we encourage all students to make room in their college budget for loan contributions.
Rates and Terms
View current rates and repayment terms
Have questions? See our frequently asked questions.
Student loan path
Start earlyBegin preparing to fund your education early through savings and scholarships.
Estimate your needsDetermine your eligibility for financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Then, review award letters and tally grants and work-study options.
Learn about private loansFigure out how much you need to fill in the gap for your first-choice school and review TCU Private Student Loan options.
Consider creditDepending on your needs, consider taking out a line of credit to help fund your schooling.
ApplyThe TCU online application process only takes a few minutes.
How to take out a student loan
- Complete FAFSA and identify your funding gaps.
- Review the list of information you need handy before you apply.
- Apply for the loan that best meets your needs.
- Receive conditional approval.
- Provide required follow-up information.
- Receive verification from school.
- Receive final approval letter with amount and disbursement date.
All loans and lines of credit are subject to credit application, qualification and approval and may not be available in certain schools or certain jurisdictions. Must qualify for membership.